Education & Training
Genie offers online aerial site supervisor certification for free
By Crane & Hoist Canada
Celebrate safety week by upgrading your worksite supervisor credentials
By Crane & Hoist Canada
Each year during the first week of May, OSHA’s National Safety Stand-Down week raises fall hazard awareness across the country in an effort to end fall fatalities and injuries on construction sites. In support of this initiative, and as part of the Genie brand’s commitment to safety, during Safety Week 2021, Genie is offering complimentary online jobsite supervisor training for worksites where mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPS), such as boom or scissor lifts, are used to perform work at height.
To help contractors and sub-contractors become safety advocates in their organization and ensure they are in compliance with applicable safety standards, the Genie Lift Pro Online MEWP Supervisor Training Course meets all of the requirements set forth in the new standards for all brands of mobile elevating work platforms.
“In the new ANSI A92.22 Safe Use and A92.24 Training standards, there is a new requirement that states that anyone who directly supervises a MEWP operator must also be trained,” says Scott Owyen, Genie training director.
The Genie Lift Pro Online MEWP Supervisor Training Course takes two hours to complete and covers:
- MEWP classifications, features and applications to assist with the proper selection of the correct MEWP for the work to be performed.
- The responsibilities of all parties involved with the operation of MEWPS.
- The rules, regulations and standards that apply to MEWPs, including the provisions for safe use as defined in ANSI A92.22, training and familiarization, and the work being performed.
- Potential hazards associated with the use of MEWPs and the means to protect against, eliminate or mitigate identified hazards.
- The requirement for operators to read and understand the appropriate operator’s manual prior to using a MEWP and knowledge that the manual must be properly stored in the weather-resistant compartment on the platform when not in use by the operator.
The course includes a final exam and allows the individual to print out a certificate upon successful completion. The certificate is then signed by the supervisor’s employer as verification of course completion.
To access the MEWP Supervisor Training Course, and for additional safety resources from Genie, visit info.genielift.com/safetyweek21pr.
For questions about the new standards, or for more information on available training:
- Visit com/training for more information on training offerings
- Visit com/A92 for more information on the ANSI standards update
Terex Corporation is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services delivering lifecycle solutions that maximize customer return on investment. Major Terex brands include Terex, Genie, and Powerscreen. Terex solutions serve a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utilities, quarrying and mining. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services.