Products & Equipment
Ritchie Bros. holds its largest-ever auction in Edmonton
By Crane & Hoist Canada
By Crane & Hoist Canada
Edmonton, Alta. – Ritchie Bros. will conduct its largest auction ever next week, selling approximately 14,000 items for more than 1,700 consignors in Edmonton, Alta. The company said it has never seen this amount of equipment in one place in more than 60 years and is expecting it will all be gone.
The May 3 to 8 show includes 350 truck tractors, 230 excavators, 140 dozers, 12 aerial work platforms, 370 pickup trucks, and a lot more. PriorityBid is now open, with items available to be inspected on-site in Edmonton, following strict social distancing rules, and virtually at rbauction.com.
“This massive auction showcases the power of our operational expertise, as we’ve processed more equipment and collected more info for buyers than ever before,” said Trent Vandenberghe, regional sales manager at Ritchie Bros. “We have also uploaded thousands of equipment videos for this auction to help our customers with virtual inspections.”
The six-day Edmonton show includes multiple fleet realignments and complete dispersals from Alberta consignors, including hundreds of items for Hammer’s Gravel Supplies Ltd., Cinco Development Ltd., K & C Oilfield Hauling Ltd., and Absolute Crossings Ltd.
- Day One – reefer trucks, van trucks, flatbed trucks, fuel and lube trucks, plow trucks, stone slinger trucks, dump trucks, dump trailers, truck tractors and more.
- Day Two – loader backhoes, wheel loaders, rock trucks, articulated dump trucks, motor graders and scrapers, trailers, real estate and more.
- Day Three – crawler dumpers, compact track loaders, skid steers, ATVs, crawler tractors, crawler loaders, pipelayers, cranes, drilling equipment and more.
- Day Four – excavators, sweepers, pavers, crushing, conveyers, compaction, rollers, rough terrain and telescopic forklifts, forestry equipment, RVs and more.
- Day Five & Six – timed lots only.
- PriorityBid: place bids before the live show begins. Set a max bid and the system bids for you.
- Live online: listen to the auctioneer and bid online in real-time from your desktop or laptop computer.
- Mobile app: listen to the auctioneer and bid online in real-time from your phone or tablet.
- Timed: the automated online bidding system with no auctioneer and new dynamic close capabilities to give bidders more opportunity to win items. Opens on April 28 and closes at staggered times throughout the event.
For more equipment and info, visit rbauction.com/Edmonton.
Ritchie Bros. is hosting three educational seminars for customers this week—covering virtual inspections, cross-border shopping, and Ritchie Bros. Asset Solutions tools. The company will also host two live industry panels on May 10, discussing the Canadian construction and agriculture industries. For more information about these events, visit rbauction.com/blog.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a number of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry.