March 10, 2022 By Crane & Hoist Canada staff
Brendan Nobes will become chair of the Canadian Construction Association’s (CCA) 2022-2023 board of directors.
Nobes was elected during the CCA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) held March 7. He replaces outgoing chair, Ray Bassett.
Nobes is the director of major projects for rcs construction, a general contracting firm based in Atlantic Canada.
“I know the last two years have tested us all and presented us with great uncertainty, but it truly feels like a tide is turning for the better,” Nobes said during his address to the CCA at the AGM.
“This is the year to capitalize on the advancements made in technology, make our corporate cultures more inclusive, and put Canada on the path to green.”
A 35-year veteran of the construction industry, Nobes has worked as a site superintendent, senior estimator, senior project manager and project manager representing the owner.
Working at all levels in construction – from design review and document preparation to scheduling, budgeting, cost forecasting and tender package preparation – Nobes has adopted a “cradle to grave” approach to construction management.
The Mount Allison University graduate and Gold Seal Certified project manager and estimator is active in several industry associations. He is CCA’s representative to the Canadian Construction Documents Committee.
He is also past chair of the Construction Association of Nova Scotia. Nobes was also the 2017 recipient of the CCA Robert Saunders Trophy for his commitment and dedication to the industry, particularly to the general contractors’ sector.
In addition to delivering a refreshed strategic plan, Nobes looks forward to advancing three initiatives during his tenure including expanding CCA’s engagement with members, in person in their hometowns; launching new services to elevate best practices in project delivery; and strengthening the bonds between CCA and its partner associations.
Joining Nobes on CCA’s 2022-2023 board of directors are:
- Charles Caza (1st Vice-Chair), Ontario – Central Canada
- Francis Roy (2nd Vice-Chair), Quebec – Central Canada
- Jean François Arbour, Quebec – Central Canada
- Andrew Arnill, Alberta – Western Canada
- David Bowcott, Ontario – Central Canada
- Nicole Chabot, Manitoba – Western Canada
- Leslie Doka, Saskatchewan – Western Canada
- Trevor Doucette, Alberta – Western Canada
- Steve Drummond, British Columbia – Western Canada
- Wayne Ferguson, Ontario – Central Canada
- Nadine Fullarton, New Brunswick – Eastern Canada
- Eric Gaulin, Quebec – Central Canada
- Peter Grose, Manitoba – Western Canada
- Quentin Huillery, Alberta – Western Canada
- Branden Kotyk, British Columbia – Western Canada
- Patrick Lafrenière, Newfoundland and Labrador – Eastern Canada
- John Mollenhauer, Ontario – Central Canada
- Cory Richter, Saskatchewan – Western Canada
- Brad Scott, Nova Scotia – Eastern Canada
Print this page