August 11, 2021 By Crane & Hoist Canada Staff
A used 2001 Manitowoc self-erecting crawler crane sold at auction for $475,000 (all figures U.S.) last week, taking the top spot as the most expensive item.
Last week, Ritchie Bros. sold more than 3,900 items from its sites in Denver, Salt Lake City and Williston, N.D. in one combined Rocky Mountain event. Total sales hit $40 million, it said.
More than 9,900 people from 62 countries registered for the Aug. 4 -5 unreserved auction. About 91 per cent of the assets were sold to U.S. buyers, including 23 per cent sold to Colorado, 10 per cent to Utah, and two per cent to North Dakota. The remaining nine perc ent was sold to international buyers from as far away as Australia, Israel, and Vietnam.
5 big sellers:
- 2001 Manitowoc 2250 300-ton self-erecting crawler crane – $475,000
- 2016 Tesmec TRS1075 crawler bucket wheel trencher – $275,000
- 2012 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractor – $225,000
- 2014 Peterbilt 367 tri-drive hydro vac truck – $200,000
- 2018 Dragon 9500-gallon tri-axle lead tank trailer – $130,000.
Print this page