By Andrew Snook
If you’ve got a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of your business for a few days, I suggest a trip to Louisville, Ky., this September.
The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) is hosting its annual Crane & Rigging Workshop at the Louisville Marriott Downtown and it is packed full of interesting sessions and great networking opportunities.
The sessions offer great learning options for industry professionals. The topics include:
• Practical ways to protect your company from lawsuits;
• Bridging the gap between compliance and choice;
• Tackling jobs with better tool management;
• Calculating sling angles and hardware selection;
• How to successfully use synthetic fibre ropes and slings, and how they differ from steel wire and round slings;
• The hazards of service providers;
• Playing offence with OSHA from an attorney’s point of view; and
• The essential elements of preparing an engineered lift plan, from A to Z.
There will also be the awarding of the 2018 Rigging Jobs of the Year; a keynote presentation by Anne Mahlum, owner/CEO of [solidcore], who will discuss her personal story and work with “Back on My Feet”, a non-profit organization combatting homelessness through the power of running; the opportunity to tour Link-Belt Cranes’ 770,000-sq.-ft. factory in Lexington, Ky.; and an exhibit centre showcasing 90 of the industry’s top manufacturers.
If you’ve never been to the SC&RA Crane & Rigging Workshop before, there is also a First Timers’ Briefing that will offer you an opportunity to meet with SC&RA officers, staff and other first-time attendees, to network, and learn more about the event.
The fact that the hotel is a 10-minute walk from the Louisville Slugger Museum is an added bonus for any baseball fan, myself included. So sign up and check out a fantastic learning and networking opportunity that is sure to be a home run. See you in Kentucky!
For more information on the 2018 SC&RA Crane & Rigging Workshop, visit www.scranet.org.