April 29, 2021 By Crane & Hoist Canada Staff
The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) has announced the 2021 recipients of its Transportation Safety Awards.
Each year, SC&RA recognizes individuals and companies across the U.S. and Canada who practice transportation safety and meet specific criteria.
Nine SC&RA member companies received a Transportation Zero Accidents Award for having no recordable accidents:
- • Advanced Freight Dynamics LLC – Conroe, Texas
- • BOSS Crane & Rigging – Longview, Texas
- • Emmert International – Clackamas, Ore.
- • Highway Heavy Hauling – Portland, Ore.
- • Jetco Delivery – Houston, Texas
- • KMX International – Hamburg, Pa.
- • Marco Transport, Inc. – Santa Ana, Calif.
- • NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Services Ltd. – Acheson, Alta.
- • NexGen Transportation – Parkland County, Alta.
Transportation fleet mileage category
Five SC&RA member companies received a Transportation Fleet Mileage Category Award for having the lowest accident frequency rate in different mileage categories:
- 100,000 miles to 500,000 miles – Advanced Freight Dynamics LLC – Conroe, Texas
- 500,000 miles to 1.5 Million miles – BOSS Crane & Rigging – Longview, Texas
- 5 Million miles to 20 Million miles – Jetco Delivery – Houston, Texas
- 20 Million miles to 50 Million miles – Maxim Crane Works, L.P. – Wilder, Ky.
- Over 100 Million miles – Landstar Transportation Logistics, Inc. – Jacksonville, Fla.
Fleet safety award
Six member companies earned a Fleet Safety Award for obtaining an accident frequency rate of less than 0.45 during all of 2020:
- Emmert International – Clackamas, Ore.
- Highway Heavy Hauling – Portland, Ore.
- KMX International – Hamburg, Pa.
- Marco Transport, Inc – Santa Ana, Calif.
- NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Services Ltd. – Acheson, Alta.
- NexGen Transportation – Parkland County, Alta.
This year, one professional driver from an SC&RA member company was recognized with the Million Miler Safety Award. The Million Miler recognizes drivers who have accumulated a minimum of one million consecutive miles of safe driving within the industry:
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, Inc. – Gary Veach
Finally, the following Driver Safety Award recipients are being recognized for accumulating five years of accident-free driving:
- Barnhart – Memphis, Tenn.: Phillip Logan
- BOSS Crane & Rigging – Longview, Texas: Skip Lynch
- Dawes Rigging & Crane Rental, Inc. – Milwaukee, Wis.: Kyle McFadden, John Michalak
- Deep South Crane and Rigging, LLC – Baton Rouge, La.: Michael Ashworth, Norman DeBarge, John Wayne Johnson, David Sanders, Logan Sellers, Samuel Jesse Ward
- Double M Trucking Inc. – Lansing, Ill.: Joel Klaczak
- Jetco Delivery – Houston, Texas: Armando Martinez, Stefan Mullins, Darrell Wheeler
- Precision Heavy Haul – Tolleson, Ariz.: Alan Allred, Daniel Eames, Gary Mausolf
For more information about the SC&RA Awards Program, visit www.scranet.org/awards
The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association is an international trade association of more than 1,400 members from 46 nations.
Members are involved in crane and rigging operations, specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting, concrete pumping, manufacturing, and rental. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels and researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices.
Print this page