Ritchie Bros. Top 10 crane sales of 2021
February 8, 2022 By Crane & Hoist Canada staff
Each year, Ritchie Bros. sells hundreds of cranes at its various auctions and marketplaces around the world.
In 2021, the auction company sold more than 1,400 cranes with about 39 per cent of sales represented by rough terrain cranes.
In November, Ritchie Bros held a massive crane event in Decatur, AL for Sparks Industrial, which sold 38 cranes via an online auction in about an hour, including unused 2020 and 2021 Grove all-terrain units. The unreserved auction attracted more than 3,100 bidders from 35 countries, with about 92 per cent of the assets selling to buyers outside the state of Alabama.
Global supply chain issues continue to drive up demand for late model used assets, according to Ritchie Bros. According to Rouse Services, which tracks equipment prices across the industry, the Auction Value Index for cranes is up about 9 per cent compared to 2020.
Here’s a look at Ritchie Bros. Top 10 cranes sold via its multiple sales channels in 2021:
- A 2012 Grove GMK7550 550-ton 14x6x14 all-terrain crane sold for US$2.075 million at a live auction in Decatur, AL in November 2021.
- An unused 2021 Grove GMK5250XL 300-ton 10x6x10 all-terrain crane sold for US$1.85 million at a live auction in Decatur, AL in November 2021.
- A 2020 Grove GMK5150L 175-ton 10x8x8 all-terrain crane sold for US$1.25 million at a live auction in Decatur, AL in November 2021.
- A 2015 Link-Belt ATC3275 275-ton all-terrain crane sold for US$965,000 At a Ritchie Bros. live auction in Dickinson, ND in July 2021.
- A 2019 Link-Belt 218HSL Hylab 110-ton self-erecting crawler crane sold for US$685,000 at the live auction in Dickinson, ND in July 2021.
- A 2013 Link-Belt TCC11000 crawler crane sold for $725,000 via Marketplace-E in Alberta in April 2021.
- A 2001 Manitowoc 2250 300-ton self-erecting crawler crane netted US$475,000 at the Rocky Mountain Regional Event in August 2021.
- A 2010 Liebherr LTM1200-5.1 200-tonne 10x8x10 all-terrain crane sold for £390,000 via Ritchie Bros. live auction in Maltby, United Kingdom in November 2021.
- A 2013 Soilmec SC90HD crawler crane sold for $440,000 via Marketplace-E in Ontario in November 2021.
- A 2017 Tadano-Mantis GTC-600 telescopic crawler crane netted US$270,000 via a weekly featured auction on IronPlanet in Virginia, in December 2021.
Print this page