Nearly $200 million in equipment sold during massive Edmonton auction
May 11, 2021 By Crane & Hoist Canada Staff
A massive equipment auction in Edmonton attracted nearly 30,000 online bidders from more than 70 countries. When the final gavel fell, nearly $200 million worth of equipment had been sold, according to Ritchie Bros., the company behind the sale.
“We saw particularly strong pricing last week in Edmonton for earthmoving equipment, with skid steers, multi-terrain loaders, excavators, motor scrapers, and dozers leading the way,” said Trent Vandenberghe, regional sales manger, Ritchie Bros. “It’s a seller’s market right now.”
About 92 per cent of the equipment in the Edmonton May auction was sold to buyers in Canada, including 53 per cent sold to Alberta, 15 per cent to British Columbia, and nine per cent to Saskatchewan. The remaining eight per cent of the equipment was sold to International buyers from as far away as Belgium, Chile, India, and Thailand. With 100 per cent online bidding, customers completed more than 1.8 million equipment views — up 64 per cent from May 2020.
The 5 biggest sales
- 2013 Caterpillar 627H motor scraper – $475,000
- 2008 Sandvik CH440 Hydrocone cone crusher – $450,000
- 2014 Caterpillar D8T dozer – $440,000
- 2019 Vaderstad Seed Hawk 45-series 60-ft air drill – $420,000
- 2014 Kenworth C500 T/A tri-drive w/ a National NBT45TM boom truck – $367,500
- Gross Transaction Value (GTV): CA$197+ million
- Total Registered Bidders: 28,700 plus
- Total Number of Lots: 13,600 plus
- Total Number of Consignors: 1,750 plus
Ritchie Bros. will sell more than 60,000 equipment items and trucks in its upcoming auctions, including a Toronto auction on May 11-14; Chilliwack, B.C. on May 25-26; and Montreal on May 26- 27.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets.
Print this page