Machines in Construction 4.0 holds founding meeting at bauma
“With the founding of the MiC 4.0 working group, we are responding to the desire of our members to tackle this issue intensively, in a structured and goal-oriented manner,” says Joachim Schmid, VDMA Managing Director Construction Equipment and Plant Engineering. The working group will be open to companies from all over Europe and beyond.
The following were elected to the Executive Board:
- Eugen Schobesberger (Liebherr EMtec) – Chairman
- Ralf Lüddemann (Leonhard Weiss) – Deputy chairman
- Franz-Josef Paus (Hermann Paus Maschinenfabrik)
- Martin Lehner (Wacker Neuson)
- Robert Laux (BOMAG)
- Dr. Andreas Ziegler (BAUER Maschinen)
- Dirk Siewert (German Construction Industry Federation)
- Joachim Schmid (VDMA Construction – Equipment and Plant Engineering
The Executive Board has appointed Dr. Darius Soßdorf as Managing Director. Dr. Soßdorf has been involved in digitization since he joined the association. “The aim is to approach the tasks and work ahead in a structured manner and to develop suitable models and solutions across all parties involved,” explains the new managing director.
With the new working group, companies that cannot become VDMA members now have the opportunity to become members of this working group. It is essentially about machine data, M2M communication, ISO 15143-3, standardization and data rights. The goal is to network machines more and more with each other.
- machine manufacturers
- construction industry, construction companies
- suppliers, component manufacturers
- software, sensor, drive and motor manufacturers
- manufacturers of telecommunication and geopositioning systems
- universities, institutes and research institutions