August 30, 2021 By Crane & Hoist Canada Staff
Konecranes has named Anneli Karkovirta as the company’s new senior vice-president, human resources.
She joined the leadership team on Aug. 30 and will report to Rob Smith, president and CEO of Konecranes.
In her new role, Karkovirta will be responsible for human resources, marketing and communications, and sustainability.
Karkovirta was most recently vice-president, HR for the Konecranes industrial equipment business area, corporate strategy projects and M&A.
She succeeds Timo Leskinen, who leaves the company on Sept. 30. Until his departure, Leskinen will act as a senior advisor to ensure a smooth and effective transition of his current duties.
“I warmly welcome Anneli to our Konecranes leadership team,” says Smith in a statement. “She brings excellent integration and organization development understanding, as well as extensive HR experience to the role. I am happy that we found a successor for Timo internally, demonstrating our strong in-house experience and talent.”
Karkovirta has over 20 years of experience in human resources, integration and organization development. She joined Konecranes in 2014 and has held several human resources leadership positions since then.
She holds a master’s degree in economics and business administration.
The Konecranes leadership team is now as follows:
- Rob Smith, President and CEO (until Dec. 31, 2021)
- Teo Ottola, CFO, Deputy CEO
- Fabio Fiorino, Executive Vice-President, Business Area Service
- Carolin Paulus, Executive Vice-President, Business Area Industrial Equipment
- Mika Mahlberg, Executive Vice-President, Business Area Port Solutions
- Juha Pankakoski, Executive Vice-President, Technologies
- Anneli Karkovirta, Senior Vice-President, Human Resources
- Sirpa Poitsalo, Senior Vice-President, General Counsel
- Topi Tiitola, Senior Vice-President, Integration and Project Management Office
Print this page