July 26, 2021 By Crane & Hoist Canada Staff
A crawler crane topped the list of most expensive items sold at a recent auction in Forth Worth, Texas.
A 2014 Kobelco CK1100G crawler crane sold for $365,000 (all figures U.S.), part of a $50 million plus auction by Ritchie Bros.
The two-day auction, held online July 20-21, attracted 11,250 bidders and more than 3,750 items were up for sale.
About 90 per cent of the assets in the auction were sold to U.S. buyers, including 40 per cent to Texans, while the remaining 10 per cemt was sold to international buyers from as far away as Egypt, Spain, India, and New Zealand.
“The pandemic has made online buying more common,” said Chuck Roberson, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. but customers have told us they miss the camaraderie and networking of being there in person. Our auctions have always been about more than equipment—it’s also an industry event for many of our customers.”
Top 5 sellers
- 2014 Kobelco CK1100G crawler crane – $365,000
- 2016 Volvo L250H wheel loader – $180,000
- 2017 John Deere 9570R 4WD tractor – $170,000
- 2016 John Deere 460ET 6×6 articulated dump truck – $167,500
- 2018 Caterpillar 326FL hydraulic excavator – $150,000
Print this page