Consulting Engineers of Ontario’s new board takes the reins
September 18, 2018 By Consulting Engineers of Ontario
Consulting Engineers of Ontario (CEO) held its annual general meeting at Blue Springs Golf Club on Sept. 14, announcing a new board of directors who will lead the organization for the year ahead.
Special guests among the 35 attendees included: Michael Snow, Association of Consulting Engineering Companies (ACEC) chair elect; Martine Proulx, ACEC vice-president, Programs and Member Services; Jonathan Hack, Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE) president and chair; Sandro Peruzza, OSPE CEO; and Dave Thomson, Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) CEO.
Jeremy Carkner, Morrison Hershfield principal and director, business development, has been appointed Chair of the CEO Board of Directors. Rex Meadley, C. C. Tatham & Associates Ltd. president, chief engineer becomes past chair of the CEO Board of Directors.
It was announced that Peter Mallory, Jacobs vice-president, Americas Director of Projects, has retired from the board. Karen Freund, Jacobs vice-president, was elected to fill the position.
The Board of Directors for 2018-2019 are as follows:
- Jeremy Carkner, Morrison Hershfield Principal and director – Chair
- Christine Hill, Cole Engineering Group Ltd., business development leader, water practice – Chair Elect
- Bill Allison, Dillon Consulting Limited Partner – Governance Chair
- Joe Sframeli, WSP Canada Inc. Executive Vice President, Infrastructure – Treasurer
- Rex Meadley, C. C. Tatham & Associates Ltd. President & Chief Engineer – Past Chair
- Bruce Matthews, CEO Chief Executive Officer – Corporate Secretary
- Steve Dyck, SNC-Lavalin Inc., vice-president Ontario, government relations
- Khaled El-Dalati, HDR Inc., vice-president
- Karen Freund, Jacobs, vice-president
- Don Holland, Stantec Consulting Ltd., vice-president, water
- Steve Pilgrim, McIntosh Perry, assistant vice-president, transportation
- Tom Richardson, R.V. Anderson Associates Ltd., chief structural engineer
- Brian Ruck, GHD Group Ltd., Principal, vice-president, transportation
- Ron Scheckenberger, Wood Principal, senior water resources engineer
The AGM was followed by CEO’s annual golf tournament where guests spent a fun-filled day networking on the green.
Founded in 1975, Consulting Engineers of Ontario (CEO) is a not-for-profit industry advocacy association representing approximately 170 consulting engineering firms that collectively employ almost 19,000 people across the province.
Their member firms provide a wide range of engineering services to public and private sector clients. Member firms range in size from sole proprietorships to large multinational engineering firms. Two-thirds of their member firms are comprised of 50 employees or less.
CEO advocates for a business and regulatory climate that enables our members to provide the highest level of services and best possible value to their clients. CEO promotes the important contribution that consulting engineering makes to the social, economic and environmental quality of life in Ontario.
Print this page