Products & Equipment
Broderson to showcase upgrades on model RT-400, IC-400
March 8, 2023 By Broderson Manufacturing Corp
At CONEXPO 2023 booth F9441, Broderson Manufacturing Corp will be showing product upgrades on the model RT-400, 20 ton capacity cab-down rough terrain crane, and on the model IC-400, 25 ton capacity carry deck cranes.
The upgrades harmonize drivetrain, hydraulic, controls and RCL systems between both crane models. Both models feature a product class leading 72’ 6” 4-section, full power boom. The upgrades that the models share are as follows:
- Cummins QSF3.8L Tier 4 Final / Euromot stage V diesel engine rated 154HP@2500 RPM for the highest level emissions compliance and clean operation. (A Euromot stage II engine option is available for export). There are multiple throttle control modes: foot throttle, electronic speed presets, and auto-idle that will increase the engine speed during lifting operations and return the engine to idle once the lifting is completed.
- A newly designed, formed high-strength steel main boom that incorporates a telescopic cylinder and a wire rope and sheave system for the synchronous extension of the boom. An upgrade for serviceability includes the ability to remove the boom extension cylinder without having to disassemble the boom.
- Re-designed operators cab with improved visibility, better ergonomics and electronic controls for all functions. The crane function controls include a fine control mode for increased controllability in critical lift situations. A 10-inch high definition display provides complete machine data.
- New Broderson developed RCL system with improved display graphics, real-time display of outrigger ground bearing pressure with outrigger pad size input, operator definable working envelope with control soft stops for: swing angle, maximum radius, and maximum tip height.
- Chassis and structure design upgrades include: improved access, egress, and tie off points; improved access to major mechanical components. Lifting points for full-crane lift are integral to the crane.
- Addition of an optional 2-speed main hoist with line speeds up to 297 feet/minute as well as standard cable follower with 3rd wrap indicator.
- Telematics and a service connection to allow factory technician direct access to the crane CANBUS system are optional.
New features for the IC-400 are:
- A newly designed boom lift system with tandem lift cylinders has allowed Broderson to reduce the overall heigh of the 25 ton crane to under 10 feet in transport configuration.
- Outrigger system with load charts for in-, mid-, and out-and-down outrigger positions. Ability to translate the crane while on outriggers to allow close positioning in tight locations.
- Optional friction drive high rail system with integrated load charts for pick and carry over the front of the crane while on high rail, on-rail towing and rail car brake control system is also optional.
- Optional boom tip mounted 350 lb capacity single man basket attachment.
Unique to the RT-400, an upgrade to the swing down outriggers provides increased ground clearance to allow leveling of the crane on up to a 4 degree slope.
Print this page
Stories continue below